8/7/16

BTS deactivates their Twitter account? [Update]

So here I was trying to just check and see if V had added to his saga of legendary selfies, but when I log on to BTS' twitter page on my PC I get this:


I was a bit confused, but figured it was just my crusty computer acting up, but when I tried it again, I got the same error. So I hopped on mobile, and although this time I could access the page, there was an issue with loading the tweets:


So I quickly hit up Kpop Twitter and the forums to try and find out what was going on and learned I wasn't the only one haven't this issue. But  although many people were in the same predicament as me, others where confused with everyone  who was complaining , as they could access the page just fine.


In true Twitter mess nature, this started to go wild, and people went on crazy theories as to what was going on. And just in general started to have fun with it (lmfao)



But all in all it's seems as though there is just some kind of glitch going on with their account. Hopefully it will be fix soon so I can download that selfie set Jhope posted yesterday.


[Update #1]
The twitter account is back up and running!

[Update #2]
So in response to glitch, there was a rumor circulating that the issue was a result of a "fan" tweeting a video of herself masturbating to the account. This, apparently, caused BTS's twitter to malfunction, while trying to report the content or block the user. Now I knew about this rumor, but chose to leave it out of my original write up on the issue because 1) yikes and 2) I don't really see how that video being sent to their twitter would result in their account suddenly being inactive for certain parts of the worlds and I have yet to see a explanation with 100% sound reasoning. I'm not the most Twitter savvy , but I'm pretty sure there isn't a "block continent" button next to the"block user" button lol. Anyway, Allkpop caught wind of the rumor and posted an article about it to their website. This made the speculation blow up even more, and gave it a lot of legitimacyin many people's eyes, since Allkpop is such a big new source. I , however, still think it's just a coincides that these too incidents happen to have occurred simultaneously, because I still don't see how one could result in the other. Not to mention, there were other accounts that experienced similar glitches yesterday, which supports the idea that is was just an issue with Twitter.



Whether that girl's video cause the Twitter glitch or not, what she did was still extremely over the top and inappropriate, so she better REFLECTTTTTTTT. And it had to be to reply to Suga tweet too. Smdh.  I don't support online harassment no matter what the case is, so please refrain from send her hate (especially since from the looks of her account she's just looking for attention.). I think the best option right now is to ignore her or report her account as I've seen many people doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment