12/31/15

DailyDose is changing?!




So I've been thinking about this a lot, and I've decided I'm going to change Daily Dose from being three topics per episode to one. I know a lot of you appreciate the 3 topic episodes and like lengthy videos, but from a growing stand point, shorter is better. I really want to grow my channel to facilitate more discussion, but it's hard to convince a new viewer to check out a 10 minute video when they have no idea who I am, and aren't used to my style of commentary. Rather, roughly 5 minute videos about single topics are much more realistic in terms of getting people to give me a try. However, it's not all about my desire to attract new viewers. It'll also allow me to go into deep detail on certain topics without the fear of the video running too long because I have 2 other topics to talk about. I actually tend to cut out a lot of my discussion of certain topics because of this. Lastly, it'll help me get out videos faster. A lot of the time, when there is a topic I want to discuss, I have to wait until I find 2 more discussion worthy topics before I can make a video. This can mean delaying videos, and is often why some of the topics are pretty old by the time I get around to making a video about them.

I've actually tried this concept before, but this time around, I think I've modified it enough and feel more confident about the structure. I know it'll be weird at first, but I hope you guys won't have too much trouble adjusting to it.

So with the new year, you'll find a completely revamped daily dose!

Until then,

Have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment