11/28/15

Mnet releases the final line-up for the 2015 MAMAs?





Yesterday, the official Mnet MAMA's twitter tweeted another installment of the acts set to attend the 2015 MAMA's. Now while I don't believe this is 100% the final line-up, since the actually show is in 4 days, I imagine this is pretty close to what the final list will look like:


Later it was announced that Ailee will also be perform,


Got7, MonstaX and Seventeen are also performing on the red carpet




Like I mentioned before, I'm not positive if this is 100% the final lineup, but so far, I'm really disappointed. Now while I'm happy for my current holy trinity making appearances (Big Bang, BTS and Zion T.), I'm really confused about the lack of girl groups in attendance. Especially since girl groups, and more specifically non- big 3 girl groups, pretty much owned the charts this year. SNSD won't be there to perform Lion Heart, monster rookie GFriend won't be there to perform Me Gustas Tu (although, I kind of have a feeling they will be confirmed soon), Apink won't perform Remember, Sistar won't be doing Shake It, Miss A won't be doing Only You and the list goes on. Now I know there has been a lot of been a lot of controversy surrounding the MAMA's leading up to this point; it was pretty clear when group likes EXID, VIXX, INFINITE, and all FNC acts were pulling out completely without any real reason. Not to mention, a lot of people felt that YG had MNet in the palm of their hands seeing as both CL and PSY who were completely in active this year will be having stages. But after all that, it seems like these mid-tier girl groups were the true victims.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that based on who is attending, the behind the scene deals have become so obvious. And I'm not just talking package deals, but specific awards promised to those who attend. In fact, a couple weeks ago, I made a video predicting who I think will win what at this years MAMA's, but now that I have a better idea of who's attending, I wanna revamp my predictions:



Best New Male Artist:
iKon

Best New Female Artist:
If GFriend does end up coming, I still say GFriend but there was also a rumor that Twice is coming,
so they might be slated to receive it at this point.

Best Female Artist:
I originally had said IU, but since she pulled out, I 100% think Taeyeon is winning it.

Best Male Artist:
Now originally I had said Zion T, and I do think he's going to win, but I became a
bit suspicious when J.Y.P  joined the line up of attendees. However, I think they'll give him Best Dance Performance Solo.

Best Female Group:
Now what's funny is that at the moment, none of the groups in this category are confirmed to be attending. However, I suspect Monsta X's invite was a joint deal with Sistar's attendance, so if they show up, they'll most likely win.

Best Male Group;
During my first set of predictions, I said it would be Big Bang or EXO. However, with this new line-up of attendings, and they way the MAMA's tends to give "awards for attendance", here's how I think it will go down:

Best Male Group : SHINee
Best Dance: Got7
AOTY : Big Bang
Album OTY: EXO
SOTY: Big Bang



Best Dance Performance Solo:
J.Y.P

Best Dance Performance:
Got7

Best Dance Performance Female:
If Red Velvet doesn't show
4minute, and Hyuna will accept.


Best Vocal Performance Male:
Lim Chang Jung if he shows, otherwise Zion T.


Best Female Vocal Perfomance:
Ailee

Best Rap Performance:
San E

Best Band Perfomance:
Hyukoh

Best Duo:
Lean on Me (Soyou and Kwon Jung Yeol) if Sistar shows,
else Zion T & Crush "Just"

Best Music Video:
f(x) - 4 walls


Currently placing bets~
Let me know who you think will win!

No comments:

Post a Comment