11/23/15

[Review] EXID releases "Pink Hot"





     After multiple delays, EXID has finally released their much anticipated comeback "Hot Pink"!
Now, in my opinion, this comeback is a crucial one for EXID.  "Ah Yeah" , the track they released earlier this year,was basically a carbon copy of  their hit "Up&Down". Now, "Ah Yeah" was pretty successful, and I didn't come down on EXID too hard for playing it safe with an "Up & Down 2.0"  because it was probably a lot of pressure to follow up such a huge song. But with this newest released, my hope was for EXID to be brave enough to stray from their success formula and put out something different.

Things I really liked :
  • They look so hot in this M/V!Like A++++ to their stylists


  • Hani's part in the first verse was fire! And I really like how she sounds here! 
  • Junghwa pink ombre is my favorite out of all the new looks
.
  • Hani blue/green ombre is a second!
  • I thought the gas station theme was pretty interesting
  • The shout out to Missy Elliot's "Work it" was cute~(#buyWTFonitunes)

Things I didn't like:
  • The point dance in the chorus is REALLY weak , especially compared to past releases.
  • While the obvious sexual innuendos don't bother me, I can see some people thinking it's a bit of an over kill.
  • They went for the repetitive chorus shtick again.
  • Are they ever going to give us another bop like "Every Night"? T.T
  • They should have just sang "EVERYBODY DANCE NOW" at the "Everybody know!" part!
  • Solji essentially sang the same thing she did in "Ah Yeah" and "Up&Down"


     While the repetitive chorus, and overtly sexual themed  M/V, are similar to that of "Ah Yeah" and "Up&Down" I don't think it can completely be called Up&Down 3.0. The funky twist is just enough in my opinion to put it in it's own lane.


  I think the most disappointing thing about this comeback is that , in a way, it's solidified the fact that this is the only kind of EXID we'll be getting  for the time being. I mean, I get it; if super sexy, andrepetitive, but catchy pop music is what got you famous, why would you change ?.But I'll forever ever long for the day we get an R&B Jam like "Every Night".


3 comments:

  1. I feel like the will either go down or stay the same with this song. I don't see them rising in popularity. I was kinda just kinda disappointed. Too many grill groups doing but work that look alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love "Ah Yeah". That song beats "Up & Down" in my book. Although I like "Hot Pink", it fell short to me. When I watched the live performance on YouTube, I realized how short the song was. I was kind of hoping for a rock-themed song when I think of a title like "Hot Pink". But I guess next EXID comeback it will be a rock and R&B fused song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I would die if they did a rock concept!!!!

      Delete